Friday, January 22, 2010

Inglourious Friday

I'm so antsy to file my taxes and get my return that I can't see straight. However, I calmly wait upon one last W2 which, inevitably, will arrive on the very last possible day it can legally arrive. But thanks to online taxes, I'll have all the rest of the info in by then and can just input the last piece of info and click away! Pay off the credit cards and the van, and wait for the next thing in our lives to blow up so we can go right back into debt. Yeah, I'm not really a pessimist, just realistic.

I finished "Firstlight" today, finally -- it's taken quite awhile, I know. I'm looking forward to actually sitting down and reading this weekend and getting through some of "Under the Tuscan Sun". I figure if I can read 8-10 books a month, I'll meet my goal in time. Since I have 9 under my belt already, I'm allowing myself a little breathing room.

I started "A Scanner Darkly" by Philip K. Dick on audiobook today, narrated by Paul Giamatti and I'm already in love with it. It's sci-fi, VERY well written and VERY well read, so that makes it perfect for me. It's about twice as long as the last two audiobooks I've listened to, but I think it'll go quickly anyhow. I might bring it into the house and listen on my cd player while I clean, or work out, or something of the sort.

Finally watched the new Tarantino flick on Blu-Ray tonight (which I'm more and more certain is the only way to watch movies.) I want very badly to meet him someday. I know there are mixed feelings out there about Quentin Tarantino, but I LOVE what he does. It's gratuitous, and creative, and different, and intelligent, and stupid, and funny, and shocking all at the same time. Watching a Tarantino film is like watching four films all at once and then trying to sort them out later. Definitely worth a $4.28 rental fee. Plus however much it's going to cost me to buy it for Steve, who loved it even more than I did.

I'm soooo in the mood for a relaxing weekend. I've been awake since 3:30 this morning, thanks to the dogs. And my middle-of-the-night panic attack that perhaps we were being invaded by carbon monoxide because I had a headache when I woke up. And the little dog dispersing methane into my face whilst sleeping by my head. And the husband rolling over and snoring into my ear. And the alarm going off at 5:00, then 5:05, then I just gave up the ghost of resting and got up and showered and was cranky for a good hour at work before I started perking up.

Praying for my cousin Johnny, The Fighting Toad, who finally has a surgery date set! Check out their blog as well!

Great night to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment